German American Business Association
Cyber Security Industry Group
"The growing dependency on network-connected technologies is outpacing the means to secure them", says Homeland Secretary Jeh Johnson. His remark comes less than a month after hackers harnessed an army of 100,000 Internet-connected devices around the world, such as DVRs and security camera, to attack Dyn, Inc., which helps route Internet traffic to its destination. It caused temporary Internet outages to sites that included Twitter, PayPal, Pinterest, Reddit and Spotify. Some of the topics our audience would like to see being discussed are:
- Can the Justice Department hold companies accountable through product liability
- How to create a uniform rulebook for securing these devices?
- Do we need to have a very serious international conversation about what the approach is?
- Do manufacturers should build products whose vulnerabilities can be fixed remotely?
- Must the Governments increase security regulations to prevent more attacks?
- Is this a global or a national issue?
- Justin Somaini, Chief Security Officer – SAP, Angel Investor
- Rajiv Sivaraman, Vice President Business Development – Data Services & Head- Plant Security Services at Siemens Industry Inc
- Norbert Pohlmann, Professor and Director Institute for Internet Security
- Kai Westerwelle, Partner at Taylor Wessing (US) Inc.